Monday 23 April 2012

Current Skincare Routine

CURRENT SKINCARE ROUTINE

So for many years I had the same skin care routine, day in day out. But after a while I felt like I wasn’t getting the same results as I did in the first place, and this is because your skin can eventually become tolerant to the effects of the product. Until a couple of months ago, I absolutely swore by the Simple range of skin products, however I now use a combination of different products from different brands and my skin feels amazing! Now there’s absolutely nothing wrong with the Simple range, it’s just that my skin has changed as I’ve got older and I’ve found that they just aren’t as effective as they used to be for me. 

In fact I would recommend the simple range for any readers who don’t already have a skin care routine or if you are a teenager and want to keep your skin in good condition, then the Simple range is perfect as they are inexpensive, easy to purchase and contain no harsh chemicals so they’re ideal for youthful skin. Anyway, moving on, here is a list of what I do to look after my skin every day:

1) Either in the shower or at my sink in my room, I wash my face and neck with a facial wash. Any sort of facial wash is usually fine but at the minute I'm loving “Clean & Clear Blackhead Clearing Daily Scrub”. 
 This is amazing because it has lots of little blue beads which help to get rid of blackheads and almost help to exfoliate your skin. I concentrate on areas where I’m prone to spots so for me that’s my nose, forehead and chin. I then rinse off the wash with some warm water. 
     2)  Next I cleanse my face with “Olay Gentle Cleansers Conditioning Milk”. 
 I do this by pouring about a ten pence piece size of the product onto my hands and massage my face and neck in an upwards circular motion. If you prefer not to use your hands then you can just pour the product onto a cotton pad instead and use that to rub the product onto your face.

     3) Then I use “Olay Essentials Double Action Nourishing & Regenerating Night Sensitive” to moisturise my skin. 
 Now I know that it says “Night Sensitive” but I use it in the day time anyway because it makes my skin feel amazing! It comes in a little tub and I just dip my finger in and put a dab of the product on my forehead, cheeks, nose, chin and neck and just massage it into my skin.

      4) Lastly I use “Sudocrem” to put onto any spots or blemishes.
  You only need a small amount and just dab a bit on your spots and rub it in.

Once this is all done I apply my makeup! Before I go to bed I remove it all with “L’Oreal Paris Dermo-Expertise Triple Active Re-Nourishing Cleansing Wipes
 and repeat steps 1-4 again.

Tip for healthy skin: WATER!! I can’t stress how important it is to drink your daily amount of water (eight glasses a day). Water is so good for your skin, hair, teeth, body etc and so if you’re not drinking enough, then these are going to suffer. Now it may seem slightly unrealistic to drink eight glasses of water a day, and so what I do is drink at least four – one when I wake up, two throughout the day and one before I go to bed. Why don’t you try it for two weeks, and if there are any improvements then let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment